Which tablet to get?

Ash Blake

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
My budget for the tablet itself before additional hardware is $350. I am unsure if I should get a windows 8 tablet or an android tablet. It must be between 8-11"

I plan on using this on the go or when I'm outside relaxing. My sister will be using this tablet from time to time to watch netflix or play games every once in in a while.
Some goals for the tablet is to be able to watch every videos I can watch on my desktop but be able to play a plethora of games while in the car or bus. Performance is nice to have, but as long as it can run videos smoothly and some games smoothly its fine.
I have sights on Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD Plus for android since it looks nice and runs decent. For windows, I was looking at the Dell venue 8 pro. What would you suggest?

Solution
After using a Google Nexus 7 for a year, I can whole heartedly say stick with the 10.1 or 11 inch Android models. Android will likely win more market share than windows mobile over the long terms, and that translates into better support and more apps.

abekl

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
After using a Google Nexus 7 for a year, I can whole heartedly say stick with the 10.1 or 11 inch Android models. Android will likely win more market share than windows mobile over the long terms, and that translates into better support and more apps.

Solution

abekl

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011