Question Which workstation/ pc to get for 3d modeling and render

May 17, 2020
Hi, I am wanting to buy a new workstation/desktop to work on programs such as 3DS Max, photoshop, VRay, sketchup etc. I am new to it but am wanting to learn the packages to further my career and so want a computer that will be powerful enough for me to get started but I don't want to go to wild, as I may find I end up doing more of the heavier work from a company computer. Also if I were to get one that further down the line I could upgrade things like the graphics card or processor (is it possible to upgrade processors?) Im looking to spend around £2000.
I'm trying to work out whether the AMD Ryzen or Intel prcessors are best? Are the AMD 7 or the Intel 7 any good or should I really be looking to get one that is running on the new AMD 9 or Intel 9?
As far as graphics cards I am looking at something like the Nividia Geforce RTX 2070.
32gb RAM. 1TB SSD
How important is the amount of cache the processor has?
Ive been looking at the Lenovo Legion T730-28ICO Intel® Core™ i7 RTX 2070 for instance.
I just haven't a clue when it comes to computers, and I'm in a tricky situation of not knowing what I'm really going to use it for. Any help on the geeky bits like hard drives and cache and how you know if the computer is running off hard drives or SSD drives. Or just any other help would be greatly appreciated. Even good websites/shops to look to buy from.
Many thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SincerelyMe Laptop General Discussion 1
swftz Laptop General Discussion 4
B Laptop General Discussion 2
B Laptop General Discussion 4
B Laptop General Discussion 6
JerrWolf Laptop General Discussion 15
O Laptop General Discussion 4
I Laptop General Discussion 1
I Laptop General Discussion 5
N Laptop General Discussion 1