White House: Consumers Should Have Right to Unlock Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Whoa.....Whoa..the united states government is actually trying to do something that its people want....since when? there has to be something more sinister involved here

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Whoa.....Whoa..the united states government is actually trying to do something that its people want....since when? there has to be something more sinister involved here

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008

Spyker2041

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
So the unlocking of phones is considered a right by the Obama administration but being able to protect one's self and one's family is not? Makes sense....

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008

Spyker2041

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
So the unlocking of phones is considered a right by the Obama administration but being able to protect one's self and one's family is not? Makes sense....

wannabepro

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
Essentially, he agrees, but isn't going to do anything about it..

It's a good position, allow the consumer to unlock when his/her contract is up.

Now he needs to help push the bill through Congress.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
The administration representatives say he agrees, but as we've seen before, what President Obama says and what he does are two very different things. He's too busy actively working to destroy the economy and gain his rulership for life, like his buddy Hugo Chavez, to be concerned about what the people want.

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Don't believe a word this lying regime says. It has a marxist/fascist agenda and need to be stopped. 2,700 light armored tanks and 1.5 billion rounds of ammo for Homeland Security. WTF for? I bet they are getting brown shirts made up too, sieg heil.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Look, no matter your political leanings and feelings about the President and his administration, this opinion is spot on. It may be a symbolic opinion at the moment, but it is out there and it favors all of us, not the corporations.

pierogi210

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
We should have the right not to purchase health insurance, drink as much of sugary drinks as we want, pick our own healthcare provider, keep and bear arms, etc. There is lots we should have the right to but Obozo and the government is slowly taking our rights and our freedoms away.

ther00tcause

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Pierogi210, what are you talking about. I just bought a Monster from the gas station a few minutes ago, recently changed my insurance provider to one of my liking, and last time I checked gun sales were on the rise. Which freedom in the constitution exactly have been taken away please explain. And please don't say that Obama "slowly taking our rights and our freedoms away," i want to know what freedoms you had 4 years ago that you do not have today.

plattyaj

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]pierogi210[/nom]We should have the right not to purchase health insurance, drink as much of sugary drinks as we want, pick our own healthcare provider, keep and bear arms, etc. There is lots we should have the right to but Obozo and the government is slowly taking our rights and our freedoms away.[/citation]

Last time I looked it was a GOP mayor who had signed a law about large soda sizes, nothing to do with Obama. Perhaps you want the federal government to intervene more in local decisions?

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]plattyaj[/nom]Last time I looked it was a GOP mayor who had signed a law about large soda sizes, nothing to do with Obama. Perhaps you want the federal government to intervene more in local decisions?[/citation]
Sorry - Bloomberry is NOT a GOP mayor - he's a New England LIB (and has always been one). He "ran" as a Republican way back when because he knew he couldn't get elected as a Dem.

The problem is some congressperson will make a bill for this. Then others will add a bunch of riders that have nothing to do with it. Thus causing it to get put down when voted on by congress. When the simple law becomes a thousand page mess of laws, regulations and government spending.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
While they agreed they did absolutely nothing about this... don't be fooled, this is a perfect non-answer answer. Typical of politicians, say what people want to hear and then do nothing about it.

Obama could have signed an executive order ... he did not... they sent it to congress where it will be laying there for ages before (if) anything will be done about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.