White iPhone 4 Guy Could Face Possible Jail Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Dude, if you steal parts from the manufacturer, or use stolen parts from the manufacturer, especially if you resell them for a profit, you don't need to know a lot about how the legal stuff works... It's common sense.

tronika

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Why do I find this article rather uninteresting ?I have a relative who runs a small plastic factories that makes custom iphone cases, and my sister has hers with Hello kitty on it...................[/citation]
because the person is literally getting the oem parts. not some hello kitty 3rd party crap. this is probably the exact white iphone parts that are being manufactured.

mkyam

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
He bought the parts, albeit from questionable source. Bottom line is he did not steal the parts so to hell with the lawsuit. It does not take a genius to realize that the Private Investigation Firm is hired by Apple itself. Lame Steve...very lame indeed.

ultraman

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
He didn't make 130 thousand dollars. In an interview with Lam, he said he's only gotton around 30-40 thousand. Big difference.

G

I just threw mine in bleach (the casing) it is discolored but is very easy to find and it gives it a tacky look. I like it.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]mkyam[/nom]He bought the parts, albeit from questionable source. Bottom line is he did not steal the parts so to hell with the lawsuit. It does not take a genius to realize that the Private Investigation Firm is hired by Apple itself. Lame Steve...very lame indeed.[/citation]

I'd be willing to bet there is legal recourse either criminally or civilly for purchasing stolen goods, then reselling for monetary gains.

IANAL, but it's common sense you can't purchase stolen and sell them. What would happen if you knew someone who stole a car, sold it to you for X amount of dollars, then you turn around and sold it again.

Age isn't an excuse. He knows exactly what he's doing.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
You don't have to be the person stealing the parts. He could still easily get busted for possesion of stolen property. If they are actually illegal parts. Doesn't seem like we know to much right now other then he got the parts from somebody that works at foxcon. And apple doesn't like him making money off of it.

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Until Apple can prove that he's using stolen parts it's all smoke and hot air. I'd tell Apple to go fuck themselves unless they can prove anything wrong is being done.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy...so excatly how is this my fault if this stuff is stolen??[/citation]
Ignorance does not make you innocent...

If you buy a TV from ebay which is later found to be stolen and the authorities can prove it... then you might as well have stolen it yourself.

This is why when somethings seems like too good of a deal... it is! you can't get that $3000 car amp for $250 from some guy and expect its all on the up/up.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
So what is Apples problem with manufactured parts that can be replaced on a original iPhone ?
Just because it is ugly and useless device that is overpriced surely you will add a memory card or a face plate change or try to fix the signal issues and by putting a rubber band on it or a case mod and this makes Comrade Steve Jobs angry, what gives ?
All these are mods and Comrade Jobs can sue anyone for adding in a t-mobile simcard "pay-as-you-go" instead of contract one from t-mobile ??
or who ever has this monopoly to provide cellular signal.

Is Apple the only company out there that purposefully entraps and tortures it's customers with stupidity like this ?

As long as it is not the Pink iPad test and keep joke that is out there now.

Parts of message below:
Get your Pink Apple® iPad On Us!
* 64GB flash drive for plenty of storage.
* 9.7 Inch LED-backlit display.
* Yours to test and keep!

You may manage your account or opt out by visiting here
10685 B Hazelhurst Dr 3152, Houston, TX 77043

Reply-To:
X-Complaints-To:
Return-Path:
Received: from c-173-205-153-130.inforelay.net ([173.205.153.131])

What will Apple say about this Pink iPad ?

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
don't leap before you look!

now playing the 'jump to conclusions' game:
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Ignorance does not make you innocent...If you buy a TV from ebay which is later found to be stolen and the authorities can prove it... then you might as well have stolen it yourself.This is why when somethings seems like too good of a deal... it is! you can't get that $3000 car amp for $250 from some guy and expect its all on the up/up.[/citation]

i don't know what dictatorship you crawled out from under, but since the only people who know where the parts came from is the guy he bought them from. for all we know they could be insuffceint (rejected) parts that went to the recycle or trash bin and the garbage man picked them up out of the trash. once it's left the factory in that manner, in america it's the disposal companies discretion what happens to it and in america if it was set out on the curb it's public domain as it rests on public property, just ask the DOJ. now if it was a mob guy who had some one pack the parts into some ones body and had that body thrown off a roof, well that's another story. point is there is insufficient information to make any judgement about how said parts were aquired, hence the investigators and not the FBI or Interpol.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]This is why when somethings seems like too good of a deal... it is! you can't get that $3000 car amp for $250 from some guy and expect its all on the up/up.[/citation]

oh and that $3000 car amp you bought at best buy has gone thru 5 middle men and the mark up is just that much as it's made in china for about $150 and sold for less then that $250 to the major distributor. just some food for thought.

kdw75

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]kdw75[/nom]Who gives a rats behind what a PI firm says? It's what a judge and jury say that matters.[/citation]

No one said that he was using Apples white iPhone cases. That is just your idea. The guy with the connection at Foxconn could simply be having his own cases made for the phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.