White patch on LG 32LE7500

vsuryaprakash

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I bounght LG 32LE7500 recently. After switching on for a few hours a white patch appeared on the inside of the screen and began to grow, blurring the image slightly. When I switched it off, the patch shrinked and disappeared.

LG replaced the TV, but had the same issue with the replacement also. After a couple of days the patch disappeared.

Has anyone noticed this? Is there an explanation to this? Is this a product defect.

WeeGav

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011

Hi, did you get a solution to this? I have just got a new LG TV which is doing the same thing! (32LE7900)

vsuryaprakash

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
The LG support person (not the retailer) said this is common in this model. The issue is moisture condensation, which is a one-off and not expected to repeat. He gave us 2 options.

1) He will open the glass case and clean it once and that this should not happen again.
2) He will replace the TV.

We took option 2 only to find the new TV from the LG warehouse had the same issue. After a few days it disappeard entirely, but left some dust mark on the inside, hardly visible when the TV is on. We will ask the support to clean the inside of the glass, when they visit next time, if at all.

I think option 1 is better, if you need the display to be clean.

The LED TV is performing quite well and lot of features for the money. We had an analog LG TV earlier that served us more than a decade without any issue.