White screen on ThinkPad R61

Dec 17, 2018
I've got a Lenovo ThinkPad R61.
When I turn it on, the screen goes blank.
I have tried disconnecting the screen but it still doesn't work properly.
Is it possible to fix the screen issue?

Solution
You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

Now if you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem. You will have to check those both to see if they are the issue. This, obviously, will require opening up the device. So if it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer instead. As opening it could void your warranty. If you don't feel comfortable opening it up yourself (and it isn't under warranty) then try a local tech.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

Now if you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem. You will have to check those both to see if they are the issue. This, obviously, will require opening up the device. So if it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer instead. As opening it could void your warranty. If you don't feel comfortable opening it up yourself (and it isn't under warranty) then try a local tech.

Solution
Dec 17, 2018
I have tried opening up the laptop, then the screen.
It turned out that the tape that was meant to be connected at the back of the screen was disconnected and when I connected it the screen was working fine.