WHO Declares Cell Phones Possibly Carcinogenic

Status
Not open for further replies.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
However, it is important to note that the WHO did not classify cellophanes as a known carcinogen, which would put it on the same level as tobacco, sunlight, wood dust or mineral oils.

I do not normally criticize the abysmal proof-reading (or lack of) that takes place here but it is getting pretty ridiculous...hire a dam high school kid to edit your articles please Tom's!

amabhy

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]I do not normally criticize the abysmal proof-reading (or lack of) that takes place here but it is getting pretty ridiculous...hire a dam high school kid to edit your articles please Tom's![/citation]

Yeah, +1 for that. Seriously, you can't just hit spellcheck and choose Correct for everything without reading the corrections first! That's not proofreading!

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Yeah yeah they're saying use headphones.. BUT what about our hands? Do we risk our hands getting Cancer due to 'exposure' from the cellphone?

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]Yeah yeah they're saying use headphones.. BUT what about our hands? Do we risk our hands getting Cancer due to 'exposure' from the cellphone?[/citation]

Forget your hands, what about your BALLS SON!? (I'm assuming you're male... or a woman with balls... or something.)

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]I'm surprised nobody has started making "radiofrequency electromagnetic resistant pockets" in our pants, yet.[/citation]
Because such pockets would obviously reduce reception.

steelbox

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]I'm surprised nobody has started making "radiofrequency electromagnetic resistant pockets" in our pants, yet.[/citation]

Talk about "radiofrequency electromagnetic resistant" ear or balls...

Snowbum

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009

I line my private area with tinfoil. Chicks love it

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Also, oxygen and water are POSSIBLY lethal (in the wrong place/dose/form etc.).
Anything is possible.
WHO is an expert in making statements that are so carefully put, either way it can't go wrong.
I wonder how long it took them to come up with such a brilliant one.

smashley

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Didn't WHO (or some other organization) say about exactly the same thing about 10-15 years ago? Essentially the same statement is in every cellphone manual since then... so another decade later and they have found no conclusive evidence one way or the other. Interesting? No.

G

How about classifying them as potentially hazardous to the health of yourself and others if you are one of the dumbasses who drive while talking or texting? Who cares if it gives you cancer in 30 years if you end up killing yourself or someone else today?

RSDNathan

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011

Genius!

Unfortunately, I already saw this joker pawning this: http://youtu.be/MLOx1kWCWoc

Status
Not open for further replies.