Question Who do you think is winning the video 'streaming wars'?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
Staying home for extended periods of time has given many of us a new perspective on the world, but it also allows some folks more time to consume massive amounts of content.

If you're looking to get the most bang for your buck, who do you think is winning the "streaming wars?" Disney+ has access to a massive amount of very specific content, while Netflix has a massive quantity of content, with not all of it being worthwhile.

Which streaming services do you prefer and why? What are some niche services you recommend folks try out?

Aug 29, 2020
Who is winning? Not the customer.

Netflix, when it was primarily DVD based used to have more titles than it has now. If you are interested in just burning you time until you are dead, there is plenty of new content on NetFlix, or Amazon. But if you are interested in watching the best of the best, the greatest or most significant films ever made you are out of luck with any single streaming services.

Sep 29, 2020
In 2016, The first time I took a subscription to Netflix and started to spend 2 or 3 hours a day. However, during the pandemic consumption of Netflix increased to almost 12 hours a day.

Also, I start to realize that I'm short of some good content. Later I subscribed to Hulu, and Amazon Prime but I'll be honest, Netflix has much better content.

Recently, I've subscribed to Disney+ but I have not yet spend a lot of time on it. However, I've heard people saying that Disney+ is going to be another Netflix.

Jan 30, 2022
Hulu and Paramount+ is by far my favorites and the ones I use almost every day, Netflix is a rare visit and HBOMAX only if something interesting happens to be out.

Nov 14, 2022
Honestly I'd say its Netflix it just seems like such a staple? like for anyone unfamiliar would just mainly start with Netflix its the most popular but whether its the best honestly I haven't tried all the other ones so I cant say if its the best or not

11kamekamehas

Banned
BANNED
Jun 12, 2023
I think HBO max is the best one overall, but Netflix is also quite decent, if one is willing to search online about what is actually worth watching... But it can pleasantly surprise you, for example I just started Glow and it is quite good indeed!

Last edited:

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
I think HBO max is the best one overall, but Netflix is also quite decent, if one is willing to search online about what is actually worth watching... But it can pleasantly surprise you, for example I just started Glow and it is quite good indeed!
I watched season 1 and it was fantastic. Was bummed about the cancellation.

Status
Not open for further replies.