Who else bought a Toughbook to game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

durpo3

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
I got a toughbook to be a durable light gaming machine. The model is a CF-30, with a 1.66 ghz intel core 2 duo CPU. I'm wondering who else did the same thing?

Solution
I am not sure what kind of games you are hoping to play on that. My Asus laptop has an i5 2430m and a GT 540m graphics chip, and struggles with even WoW and GW2.

durpo3

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

The games I like to play are VERY low end games, like Rollercoaster tycoon 2, which is from the late 90s, and can be played with a sub-100 MHz cpu. The only problem I have with my toughbook is that it has no fan, and it gets pretty hot on my lap, and I'm concerned about that.

The CPU could probably use a repasting.

huvik

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
that is a terrible computer for gaming. I use one for work all the time, but the screen is absolutely horrible, not too mention you pay a lot for the "toughness" of the laptop, which unless you plan on gaming outside in the rain is not worth it.

PS it weighs over 10 pounds so I don't know how that is a light gaming machine.

durpo3

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Actually, flash games run pretty slow too. One of the games I play is Daggerfall (a old rpg game). The reason I got a toughbook is because I am very clumsy, and I have bad luck with electronics. I also bought it refurbished for $214 dollars in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.