Who has this laptop ?

mcopinger

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
I haven't played battlefield on my laptop, just borderlands and WoW. I'd imagine you'd get more out of pushing the GPU then the CPU though. mine has a pretty beffy A8 Processor. I've also heard a lot of people say if you disable your hybrid crossfire you'll get more FPS because the supporting drivers are so crappy.

mcopinger

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
I haven't played battlefield on my laptop, just borderlands and WoW. I'd imagine you'd get more out of pushing the GPU then the CPU though. mine has a pretty beffy A8 Processor. I've also heard a lot of people say if you disable your hybrid crossfire you'll get more FPS because the supporting drivers are so crappy.

ilichbustamante

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

Hahahahaha lol, i want tu buy a laptop, but i dont know if that this laptop can play Battlefield 3 in medium-hight settings xD, What is the average FPS that run Wow ?
-

mcopinger

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
I have noticed in borderlands that our low resolution monitors are what saves up. the laptop isn't exactly a GPU power house but it can handle 1366x766 with meduim/low detail. You should keep any shadow details off and AA low, I do borderlands with x2

mcopinger

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
I've only played WoW (haven't played since pandaria launched so I don't remember my FPS, but with medium detail it's smooth. and borderlands I have no way to measure the FPS but with low/medium detail it also runs smooth.

having said that I highly doubt the Dv6 6135x is going to run BF3 on high settings. low/medium would be my guess. you'd also have to keep your view distance down so don't even think of sniping man ;)

ilichbustamante

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

Then you dont recommend this for play BF3 ?

mcopinger

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
if you can play it at the lower settings then yea, I'd buy the laptop. I have mine for school/work so the fact that it can run video games at low/medium settings is a bonus for me. if you are getting this as a main system I'd either suggest a desktop because you'll get more bang for your buck (High settings for $600-700 pretty easy) or pick a more gaming oriented laptop like a sager with a 660M - 670M. going to cost about x2 as much though

ilichbustamante

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
The game is more graphics that i want to play Battlefield 3, Fifa and others that if he runs well, and also not on sale this discontinued, i dont know if that i wait this and risk with overclock or go for the sure but $700 or more

mcopinger

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
if this is going to be your only gaming system - I'd go a little more expensive, maybe something with a 660M or 670M, they'll play games at higher settings and last a bit longer then the Dv6 will. it is really not a hard core gaming machine.