News Why 2021 was the year QLED finally beat OLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2021
Well I mean you need to compare the Samsung neo qled to the Sony A90J, that is the real oled star of 2021 having extreme high brightness for an oled panel and amazing picture quality and color accuracy. Yes it is more expensive but oled has always been more expensive than full array led, that's just a pro of full array led and a con of oled

BDComer

Prominent
Nov 15, 2020
I don't understand -- you pick a QLED TV as best overall, blowing away all OLED TV's based on brightness alone?????? Doesn't make sense to me, I'd still pick an OLED based on the numbers in this article.

QLED is better than an LED, no doubt about it, but blow away all OLED's, no, even if you have to keep an OLED in a less lit room.

Feb 28, 2022
The writer of this article does not know TV technology at all. First of all, QLED is not a TV technology. LED is a TV manufacturing technology. Quantum dot technology is a color enhancement feature from Samsung, marketed as QLED, same as Triluminos Color (Sony) and Nano Cell (LG). That's it, period. Samsung only makes LED televisions. And the best Samsung TV does not have equal contrast to any OLED TV, period. LED technology can not do what OLED technology can. I have worked in the AV industry for 20 years and I compare TV performance almost everyday of my life.

Mar 6, 2022
This is one of the worst "clickbait title" articles I've ever read. Your entire basis for your argument was that QLED -> NeoQLED = Big Improvements, whereas OLED -> OLED evo = Marginal Improvements? Why even mention OLED at that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.