Why a Star Trek Warp Drive Would Be Immensely Destructive

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Did this have anything to do with the story line in the series at the end where Star Fleet found out Warp tech was destroying the galaxy?

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
This is why any warp capable space ship should be equipped with a main deflector dish. In order to repel any space particles away from the warp bubble.

I's just basic warp engine design, really ...

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
That's why the particles are sent to sub-space and also the same reason why warp drive ruins sub-space....don't anyone watch trek ...sigh

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
[citation][nom]Cryogenic[/nom]This is why any warp capable space ship should be equipped with a main deflector dish. In order to repel any space particles away from the warp bubble. I's just basic warp engine design, really ...[/citation] you beat me to it!

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
that's not how warp works,
Deflector dish creates black hole in front of ship, witch creates immense pull, controlling this effect with precision makes ship go fast. Impulse provides right power to ride the black hole wake. Computer provides all the needed calculations of course

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
OK, so decelerate slowly. What's the big deal? God, seriously? You need a truck driver to fill in the blanks like this?

G

The dynamics of Star Trek are 18th century - Cook/Kirk go around the Pacific/Galaxy, in transit times that take a few days or weeks and encounter strange new civilizations, some peaceful, some hostile, and stop in on islands/planets where they intervene, fall in love, learn a moral lesson, etc.

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
a warp drive-like system is unlikely to be built due to the enormous amount of energy created that would destroy anything in front of the space craft."

A little duct tape and super glue could fix just about any damage done....just ask the guy that lives 3 trailers down the road from me

G

.OK, so decelerate slowly. What's the big deal? God, seriously? You need a truck driver to fill in the blanks like this?
lol! I can see it now... Ice Road Truckers in Space.
Rick Yemm, "F*&^ Peice of $h1^, that deflector doesn't decelerate like it should. F*&^."
Hugh Rowland (The Polar Bear), "Well that's cuz you ride it hard, if you didn't it would work like it should", chuckles lightly.
Hugh turns to the camera and minces for a second. "These young guys just don't know $h1^, I've got over 20 years of experience that even Scotty couldn't touch!" The polar bear then laughs out load with a gaffaw as he steers his Star Fleet Long Range Hauler through uncharted space.

Status
Not open for further replies.