Why Apple Didn't Update Apple TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Question: Where is the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 articles? MS is one of the largest companies in the world yet no articles? The Apple stuff appeared VERY quick.

Terrible.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Apple could add CableCARD compatibility to the AppleTV... At a reasonable price, those of us looking to save money by ditching the rental fee on service provider STBs would jump on it. I'm waiting for Samsung's new STB to get released so I can ship my providers STB back to them and save $16/month.... Samsung will have the first real alternative to TiVo or provider supplied STBs....and no monthly subscription charge has been announced.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Because they are waiting to introduce their HDTV and that's where the effort is going. Man you missed the boat big time in this article.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Content plus hardware is Apples claim to fame. They'll take their same model apply it to an ultra-4K overpriced TV with some claim of super display coupled with hand gestures (claim like they invented it although other TV's already have), plus some other gimmicks and voila instant success. They aren't wasting time on Apple TV because it doesn't pack the punch of a traditional Apple product and it can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.