Solved! Why buy an expensive 4K Blu-Ray Player?

Oct 3, 2018
I have a Samsung UN65KS8000FXZA
It's 65 inches, 4K, HDR 10, smart TV (has Amazon Prime, HBO GO, Netflix)

I was about to write a whole story but I'll quickly sum up my question...

-Why buy an expensive 4K player?
-Does it produce better image quality? (I stream 4k HDR on Netflix on my TV, and it look amazing. Would it look better on a expensive 4k player?)
-I don't want an Xbox One S. I want a stand-alone. I have no plan game on Xbox as all my friend is on Playstation.
-I own a 2.1 sound bar, I watch TV in my master bedroom. I have no plan to upgrade my sound system as I have other people living in my house.
-Any suggestion? I'm currently looking at the Sony - UBP-X800 as I like the built quality and positive review on this product.

Solution
Why do you think that $300 is an expensive BD player?
The late lamented top of the line Oppo was 4x the price. The recently released Pioneer player and Cambridge Audio BD transport are about 2.5x that price. The more expensive the player the better the video and sound quality will be.
I agree with hang-the-9 that given your lack of the ability to reproduce lossless audio or Atmos and the small size of the screen makes too much of an investment unreasonable. if you need a BD player at all you should get away fine with the Sony.
How good it will look will also depends on the source material. And without a higher end audio system the possibly high end sound on any device will be wasted on your setup. It may be better than streaming, but would you be able to tell the difference with your setup and what you can think of as "better" really depends on you. Really all personal things.

Why do you think that $300 is an expensive BD player?
The late lamented top of the line Oppo was 4x the price. The recently released Pioneer player and Cambridge Audio BD transport are about 2.5x that price. The more expensive the player the better the video and sound quality will be.
I agree with hang-the-9 that given your lack of the ability to reproduce lossless audio or Atmos and the small size of the screen makes too much of an investment unreasonable. if you need a BD player at all you should get away fine with the Sony.

Solution