Why can I watch youtube videos but not video on say Facebook? Nextbook Ares 11.6 brand new. Not tech savvy.

Grampajo

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015
I have a new Nextbook Ares 11.6 tablet and I am able to watch videos on YouTube but not a video posted to Facebook. I am not at all tech oriented and have no idea where to even start. Also not at all familiar with the android system used by this tablet. Pretty much lost here.

Solution
Android doesn't include Flash Player.

Youtube uses an HTML5 video player, which is built into all modern browsers, and is a newer and more secure system. Facebook may not have stopped using the older Flash.

If you're using a web browser, try downloading the Facebook app. It's probably going to let you play videos.
Android doesn't include Flash Player.

Youtube uses an HTML5 video player, which is built into all modern browsers, and is a newer and more secure system. Facebook may not have stopped using the older Flash.

If you're using a web browser, try downloading the Facebook app. It's probably going to let you play videos.

Solution

Iamsoda

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

Try using chrome browser it has more built in plugins.

Debbie-in-NH

Estimable
Nov 19, 2015
I had the same problem with my Nexus 10 tablet,was able to see Youtube vids except on posts like message boards etc,,got no help from tech support so I did my own research and found that flash players were no longer being supported in Chrome browser so I went to Google play store looking for another browser and seen Chrome "Beta" and downloaded that and also downloaded Chrome "Div" and that is what solved the plugin issue for me and am now able to see posted Youtube videos!!
Hope this helps!!
Deb :)