why do i get restricted calls that dont show up in my call log or stop ringing

Sean Parker

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
i get calls from restricted numbers that when i dont answer it just keeps ringing, i have a flip phone so when i open it even hrs later it answers the call, and theres never anybody there. also they dont go on my call log. why is this happening? i dont have unlimited mins and its frustrating me.

nevilence

Honorable
May 8, 2012
NSA, they are scouting you out man, go hide in the forest for a week or so =P or on the other hand cant you just auto block the number, I had a similar problem, blocked the number and was happy again =D

Lunaluvsya

Estimable
Jun 13, 2014

Your phone has what is called a "fake call" feature. It is under settings,call, fake call. You can set it to call you from a restricted number or any name or number you want. No message plays now but you can also record a message to play when you answer. You activate the "fake call" by pushing the volume down button 4 times on the outside of your flip phone while it is closed. This almost drove me crazy and I have even read some people thought it was deceased love one calling them so I just wanted to post this for anyone who is getting these calls. You are telling your phone to call you without even knowing your doing it.

SteeeveTheSteve

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014

Thank You! With your info I knew what to look for and deactivated it. It was also driving me crazy and I couldn't find the answer so I figured Verizon made it possible to call someone w/o the VM ever picking up (which pissed me off). What I get for buying a cheap phone! ><

What do you need to fake call yourself for anyway?