Why Do I Keep Getting This Error Every Time I Boot or Reboot My Computer

Solution
" He process known as Windows Media Center Diagnostic Application or Media Dashboard or Windows Media Center or Multimedia Fusion Stand Alone Application or MCE Host belongs to software unknown by Microsoft (www.microsoft.com) or Clickteam.
Description: Stdrt.exe is not essential for Windows and will often cause problems. stdrt.exe is located in a subfolder of C:\Windows. Known file sizes on Windows 7/XP are 372,736 bytes (68% of all occurrences) or 368,640 bytes. http://www.file.net/process/stdrt.exe.html
The software has no file description. The program has no visible window. The stdrt.exe file is an unknown file in the Windows folder. The file is not a Windows system file. Stdrt.exe is able to record inputs. Therefore the technical...

Dat_Robot

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
" He process known as Windows Media Center Diagnostic Application or Media Dashboard or Windows Media Center or Multimedia Fusion Stand Alone Application or MCE Host belongs to software unknown by Microsoft (www.microsoft.com) or Clickteam.
Description: Stdrt.exe is not essential for Windows and will often cause problems. stdrt.exe is located in a subfolder of C:\Windows. Known file sizes on Windows 7/XP are 372,736 bytes (68% of all occurrences) or 368,640 bytes. http://www.file.net/process/stdrt.exe.html
The software has no file description. The program has no visible window. The stdrt.exe file is an unknown file in the Windows folder. The file is not a Windows system file. Stdrt.exe is able to record inputs. Therefore the technical security rating is 69% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.
Recommended: Identify stdrt.exe related errors
If stdrt.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Documents and Settings", the security rating is 46% dangerous. The file size is 331,776 bytes. There is no description of the program. The program has no visible window. The stdrt.exe file is not a Windows system file. Stdrt.exe is able to record inputs.
Important: Some malware also uses the file name stdrt.exe, for example TROJ_SPNR.0BFE11 (detected by TrendMicro), and Trojan.Gen.2 (detected by Symantec). Therefore, you should check the stdrt.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security. This was one of the Top Download Picks of The Washington Post and PC World. " -http://www.file.net/process/stdrt.exe.html

Solution

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Run a full system scan. If that keeps popping up, there's likely something on your computer that's putting it back every time you remove it. If AVG doesn't find anything else, try another a/v program; I would recommend trying Comodo as a back up plan. If neither find anything, you might want to get advice from a local computer shop. Worst case, you reformat your hard drive.

You can upload a copy of the stdrt.exe to VirusTotal, and post a link, if you'd like. That would shed a little more light on what the file actually is, for us.