Solved! Why do some messages I send show twice, like I sent the same message twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2018
When I send text messages to creatine people, they will show up twice, like I sent same message twice. Why is that?

Solution
I see. Have you tried restarting (turning off and back on) the phone?

Also, have you cleared out your messages? Yes, I do mean clearing out everything. Your best way to do it would be through the phone's "Settings", then "Apps", locate the messaging app and then tap both "Clear Cache" and also "Clear Data".

Just be sure you save any messages you want to another device before doing so as they will all be wiped.
That would not be your phone, but your carrier/service provider. It happens all the time. Their systems will have some sort of hiccup and poof you can get the same message 2 times, even 20 times (that is when it gets annoying), or even more fun is when you don't get any messages. For days, and then they all come in at once. My phone went off for hours one day. Had to just turn the sounds off and let it run its course. LOL

Try restarting the phone (turn it off and back on) sometimes that will help resolve it. Otherwise, if it continues for more than a few hours, I would contact your carrier/service provider.

Nov 8, 2018

It's not the messages I'm receiving, it's the messages I send out. It pops up twice like I sent the message twice

I see. Have you tried restarting (turning off and back on) the phone?

Also, have you cleared out your messages? Yes, I do mean clearing out everything. Your best way to do it would be through the phone's "Settings", then "Apps", locate the messaging app and then tap both "Clear Cache" and also "Clear Data".

Just be sure you save any messages you want to another device before doing so as they will all be wiped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.