Why do you need a TV?

runbob

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
I have never used my TV tuner, the feed comes from a cable box or smart player, why can you not just get a real good large screen display????

Hello man

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013

That is possible, but most monitors do not have speakers in them. They also do not have as many HDMI inputs, and monitors cannot connect to the internet. They are dependent on the PC attached to them.

EDIT: I DO ADMIT THAT I HAVE WONDERED ABOUT THIS AT TIMES, AS TV's HAVE LOW RESOLUTION COMPARED TO DESKTOP MONITORS.

runbob

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
I use nothing but the display, I pay for features never used, I use an AV unit for audio and HDMI connections, cable box provides the TV feed and a smart player is connected for web, apps and blu ray. Plus I connect a game player and a laptop when I need through the AV unit. I would like to find a 60" 4K display panel with a HDMI input.

if you could find a large screen display for cheap enough... then you could definitely use one.

the trouble is that you wont find many options for a better price than your standard televisions.

quite simply the masses want the extra features like speakers, tuners, multiple hdmi inputs among other features and the business models are built for different standards of use so cost more.

perhaps the only real budget option would be to use a projector however that has its own drawbacks.