Question Why does battery only last 2 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiniquiet

Prominent
Jan 14, 2023
I have an ASUS Q406 that works really well except for limited battery power. I've done all that I can do to try to extend that time but to no avail.

Solution
Even when new, the 42 W-hr battery on that thing was only good for 4-5 hrs. It's probably just worn out, if it's been cycled like that for four years or so.
Feb 25, 2023
Even when new, the 42 W-hr battery on that thing was only good for 4-5 hrs. It's probably just worn out, if it's been cycled like that for four years or so.

Solution
Feb 25, 2023
You can try pricing a replacement - it may or may not be worth it, given the value of the computer itself. Consider the value of the computer to you, personally, if it has a fresh battery: what would a new one cost, and would a new one have more utility to you? (Shiny, newer, and faster might not actually be better, if you're just surfing and doing email.)

Feb 26, 2023
Has been my experience that if you always keep your laptop plugged in all the time that it will effect your battery time length when not in charge mode. Batteries need to be cycled and not always plugged in for charging. If this is the case then all you can do now is replace the battery.

Feb 28, 2023
The best you can do now is to replace your battery with a new one. Further, take all care to maintain the battery health well, such as reducing screen brightness, turning off the keyboard light, eliminating all non-used peripherals, keeping wireless/Bluetooth function off while in no use, and changing the power plan to ASUS Recommended .

Status
Not open for further replies.