Question Why does my screen turn black when I use my pen? (Acer Spin 5)

Jan 27, 2021
About 6 months ago, I bought an Acer Spin 5, which comes with a pen. I started using the computer right away, and I wrote some notes on my computer. After a few minutes of writing on the screen with the pen, the screen turned black. The computer was on, but the screen wasn't working.
It came back after a few seconds (about 20 seconds or so) so I didn't do anything about it.

Once we got back to school, I noticed that it was getting worse. I couldn't write with the pen without the screen turning black. The problem got worse, until I couldn't restart my computer anymore.

I contacted the school technitian, and he said that he had to send the computer to Acer so I could get it fixed. The had it for 15 days and when I got it back the computer was on, but the screen still tuned black when I used the pen.

The problem is that it happens every 5 minutes so I can't really prove that it doesn't work because I'm not going to keep them waiting until the screen turns black.

So if you have any ideas of what I could do, please respond tho this, it would help so much.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lahist Laptop Tech Support 0
deepath Laptop Tech Support 0
TacoFun Laptop Tech Support 0
DocPr3dator Laptop Tech Support 3
lennium Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 0
Mirandarenee Laptop Tech Support 6
Bliskrin Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 4