why does Netflix app on Samsung smart TV not work. get black screen. Samsung no help with 5 resets. all other apps work.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

normus

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
oes Netflix app on Samsung smart TV not work. get black screen. Samsung no help with 5 resets. all other apps work. Wi-if not problem. Help?

tazma1

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015

mogall

Estimable
Aug 7, 2015

Found the solution in this thread:
.....after you hit the smart hub button on your remote select the netflix app (don't hit enter). Once there click TOOLS on remote and hit reinstall

dee999

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014

Did you trying downloading from Argentina region? Also, before downloading from other regions, first make you set auto updates for apps OFF. This way, when you update from the other region, it remains on your TV and doesn't automatically update again to the non-working app.

Diggity12

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015

Earthbound1

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
Well I have fixed this before I live in the USA and I dont know what I did but I have instant on off and auto update off. I can click tools when netflix is on the screen but nothing happens. I have tried the solution of changing country but it doesnt work when I hit the + volume control up mute whatever it is I ve tried nothing. I dnt know how to change the country on my tv but i think that migh help me get netflix working

Diggity12

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015

Diggity12

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
Firmware is up to date. Gorgeous Ali's response didn't work. I have spent hours on the phone with Netflix. Nobody has a clue at Netflix. They are not trained and I always get the person who started working for Netflix 15 before I called. I had a woman say "um" to me for any hour last night. Netflix - please train your staff. So far no fixes. Everything has been reloaded and reset a dozen times. I think I will go to a proxy server and kiss Netflix goodbye
Very arrogant company

Earthbound1

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
Well Diggity I know theres a easy solution to it because I fixed this problem myself lasttime and I honestly dont know what I did but I know the answer is not with them. Honestly I think the best bet is if I can figure out how to change the countrys but I dont know how to. I have a 4k version just bought last blackfriday. Its a pain in rear.

Diggity12

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015

Diggity12

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
I have spent so much time on the phone with Netflix that I gave up.
After reading online, I think the problem is with Netflix. I think their system is out of date and they are not upgrading there equipment.
I am going to a Netflix proxy server. There are a bunch online. They cost less than Netflix. I have one in mind that offers privacy and gives me, in Canada, access to US Netflix.
Don't expect Netflix. They don't give a f... and they have morons, in my opinion,.answering the trouble calls.
I calculated that I spent over 25 hours on the phone with Netflix ...don't waste your time.
Silly but, are the batteries in your remote fresh? Check that too. No offense intended

Earthbound1

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
you know the sad thing about this is thousands of ppl are having this issue and they havent corrected it yet. My tv is the model number UN55HU6830FXZA its a 4k 55 inch. I thought my stupid dvd player got netflix but I dont know if it does. Have you been able to figure out how to change country and are you in the usa to? I think if I can figure out how ot change country I will be ok and can try the steps everyeone says work.

Diggity12

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015

Diggity12

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
I have done everything everyone has suggested. Yes you should have Samsung do a reset. Phone them. The problem, I believe, is with Netflix.

I am going to dump Netflix and try to install a proxy server for Netflix - legally of course.

I am getting 16mbps and Netflix says I am getting 0.500. I have done many speed tests to check. Just type speed.test into your browser. I am in Canada.

My cable company also says I getting 16mbps.

I'll report tomorrow if this go-around works.

bill_23

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015
Just an FYI, out of the blue Netflix and Amazon Prime wouldn't stream on my Samsung Smart TV. I found this thread and eventually discovered the unplug it step. I incorrectly assumed powering it off with the remote was adequate (which didn't fix it). After unplugging it and restarting, both Netfix and Amazon work correctly again. Thanks all for posting. I'm sure this was faster than waiting on hold....

Diggity12

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015

Diggity12

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
Yeah. That works great for a little while but I'm disabled and I can't jump out of bed and unplug everything and then plug it in again. Nor should I have too. The problem always comes back. No one has a solution - not even gorgeous Ali who claims to have "fixed it".

Earthbound1

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
Saw this on another fourm guys that said it resolved his issue. Know it may or may work for some but worth a try. I havent tried this yet

Go to below Link

Step 1

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/yourTV...

For Example:
yourTVmodelcode can see in your back side of the TV - 'UN46ES7500FYZB'

Step 2

Click on 'Upgrade File(EN)' It leads to download some zip file with some name like 'T-ECPAKUC'

Unzip the zip folder and copy this file in USB drive.

Make sure your USB folder is empty and having only this downloaded un-zip file.

Step 3

Connect USB to your TV

Select source = TV

Click Menu on remote >> support >> Software Update (select option from USB) >> click next

It will automatically detect that file from USB and updates the software.

TV restarts automatically and you all set. !!!

Diggity12

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.