Solved! Why does wifi shut off?

Jul 19, 2019
Moto g6. Sharper Image foldable pocket drone. Everything worked fine last week. Got an update to phone the other night. Update from Oreo to Pie. Now phone says drone connects but instantly shuts wifi off. An x next to wifi signal at top of phone. Called drone company no answers. Was looking for ideas to correct it.
Thanks

Solution
If it is involving the update somehow, then the only options would be to restore your phone to its original state. Very few phones will allow you to uninstall said update, but you can check if yours will. If it does not allow for that, then you would need to do a "Hard Reset". That, however, would completely wipe the phone and restore it to what it was when you got it. Should you chose to do that, I would suggest backing up all personal stuff prior to doing it, and store them either in a google account or on a computer. Note, this can't be done with apps.

Otherwise you will need a different phone or a different drone.
Jul 19, 2019
Did you check with the company to find out of their drone and app are actually able to work with that version of Android? Also, when you did the uninstall/reinstall, did you make sure to restart the phone in between?
Yes I did restart phone. That's what I was thinking that the drone wasn't compatible with Pie. I called the 800 number in the box and the rep said that she hasn't heard of this problem before. She walked me through a few basic steps. No avail. It works on another phone. This is the only phone I have.
The idea was a cheap drone, learn to fly and step up. Just don't want to destroy a more expensive one. Updates are great.
Thanks

If it is involving the update somehow, then the only options would be to restore your phone to its original state. Very few phones will allow you to uninstall said update, but you can check if yours will. If it does not allow for that, then you would need to do a "Hard Reset". That, however, would completely wipe the phone and restore it to what it was when you got it. Should you chose to do that, I would suggest backing up all personal stuff prior to doing it, and store them either in a google account or on a computer. Note, this can't be done with apps.

Otherwise you will need a different phone or a different drone.

Solution