Why doesn't my HDMI audio driver show in sound manager?

enedragos

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I've seen a numbers of posts with problems with HDMI audio on hd2600 mobility radeon, but all the people with those posts are seeing the HDMI sound card in sound manager. I installed the latest driver from ATI but can't see any driver for HDMI. Is there anything wrong with my ATI card?

Solution

That's probably it just there: you're using a DVI converter. Do you know if the converter supports audio signals? Many don't. Audio capability is native to HDMI but not to DVI.

enedragos

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

When I install ati catalyst it doesn't show any HDMI sound driver installed, it's like the card doesn't have HDMI sound but in the specs they write this card has a dolby 5.1. I tried with show disc device/ disable device. Nothing . It's like the HDMI sound chip isn't working. does someone had this problem also?

enedragos

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

It doesnt show up. A popup appers that i connected a HDMI-DVI unit and to get sound i should connect another cable from audio card to input sound on the TV. I don't think it's the cable also . I have a DVI-HDMI cable.

That's probably it just there: you're using a DVI converter. Do you know if the converter supports audio signals? Many don't. Audio capability is native to HDMI but not to DVI.

Solution