Question Why has my laptops performance dropped over time?

Nov 27, 2019
I'm running a Lenovo Ideapad y700-15isk 80NV010NMH with a 1 tb SSD and another M.2 500 gb SSD and 16gb RAM. I started to recently notice how my computers performance was decreasing, it first started with Battlefield V. When I first installed the game (over a year ago) I could run the game at 60 fps, I installed the game like a couple months before I got the SSD. Fast forward to 2-3 months from today, the game now runs at 15-30 fps. No hardware changes, haven't changed graphics options and I've updated drivers. Fast forward another month, Star wars battlefront 2 gets the same problem. Same thing no changes to hardware, no changes in software. Today, the problem has spread to every game I play, Outer worlds, Destiny 2, Rainbow Siege Six. I use a laptop cooler as well and have made sure that all my games run through the included dedicated graphics card and that my PC isn't overheated (the pc is usually between 50 - 80 C) What are the things that I can do that could possibly improve performance? Or is my laptop literally breaking?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 15
B Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 4
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 2
Bad_Company Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 4