why is my laptop DVD player is not working?

Derreka

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
I put the DVD in and nothing happens. No sound no movement. Nothing. I tried what people said to clean it but nothing is happening. I pressed the button for DVD and the screen will come up but the movie will not play.

Solution
Hi,

Please refer to this steps as this might apply to the problem of your laptop.

1. Go to Device Manager then uninstall the Optical drive driver.
2. Press Windows + R together at the same time on your keyboard then once the Run box is open type in "regedit"
3. Once in Registry Editor expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
4. Expand SYSTEM after that expand CurrentControlSet
5. Expand Control and again expand Class.
6. Under Class please look for these set of number 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 then click it.
7. After you clicked on it on the right pane look for UpperFilters and LowerFilters then delete it. (if you were ask if you want to delete it just click yes)
8. Close everything out then reboot your PC, try to read some disc again...
Hi,

Please refer to this steps as this might apply to the problem of your laptop.

1. Go to Device Manager then uninstall the Optical drive driver.
2. Press Windows + R together at the same time on your keyboard then once the Run box is open type in "regedit"
3. Once in Registry Editor expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
4. Expand SYSTEM after that expand CurrentControlSet
5. Expand Control and again expand Class.
6. Under Class please look for these set of number 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 then click it.
7. After you clicked on it on the right pane look for UpperFilters and LowerFilters then delete it. (if you were ask if you want to delete it just click yes)
8. Close everything out then reboot your PC, try to read some disc again after the reboot.

Solution