Why is my notebook keys not working right?

natashaakate

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014
I turned my laptop on and I found that a few keys are mixing up?

Example: r4 u8 t6 o0 'p

If I pressed any of those keys the other key comes with it. I was told to turn of functional number lock off which I did but nothing has changed. Help :-(

Solution
You could have a bug or malware! Be sure to run an antivirus to make sure you don't. Alternatively, someone may have changed the keyboard settings on you. To change them back:

1. Click start, then control panel.
2. Switch to classic view (if you aren't already)
3. Open Regional and Language Options.
4. Click the Languages tab.
5. Under Text services and input languages, click Details.
6. Under Installed Services, click Add.
7. In the Add Input Language box, pick choose the input language and keyboard layout or Input Method Editor (IME) you want to add.
Click OK twice. You'll now see a language indicator in the System Tray. You can now switch between different input languages by pressing the Alt + Shift keys.

Hopefully this helps...

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Jan 5, 2010
You could have a bug or malware! Be sure to run an antivirus to make sure you don't. Alternatively, someone may have changed the keyboard settings on you. To change them back:

1. Click start, then control panel.
2. Switch to classic view (if you aren't already)
3. Open Regional and Language Options.
4. Click the Languages tab.
5. Under Text services and input languages, click Details.
6. Under Installed Services, click Add.
7. In the Add Input Language box, pick choose the input language and keyboard layout or Input Method Editor (IME) you want to add.
Click OK twice. You'll now see a language indicator in the System Tray. You can now switch between different input languages by pressing the Alt + Shift keys.

Hopefully this helps narrow down if you have the language for your keyboard done up wrong, and presents the option for a fix. Hope this helps!
-JP

Solution

TRENDING THREADS