Question Why is there a constant buzzing/static noise on my Audio Technica ATR2500 USB Microphone

Mar 24, 2019
I recently purchased the Audio Technica ATR2500 USB Microphone and I am having a constant problem with it. When I first tested the microphone right after buying it, probably two weeks ago, it was working fine and I didn’t have any problems with it at all.

Not until I heard a constant buzzing noise coming from it. And it isn't even a part of the background noise, it seems like it's coming from an internal source and it's really frustrating. This has been happening for about a week now and when I first encountered the problem, I treated it as a minor inconvenience and thought it would just eventually go away. But no, a week later and the constant buzzing/static noise, whatever you want to call it, is still there and it’s honestly getting on my nerve.

I have read a lot of good reviews for this particular model but it’s just failing me. Also I'm not much of a tech savvy person so help would very much be appreciated.

Here is the link of the recording sample of the said buzzing noise for reference. Thanks a lot in advance.

https://instaud.io/3sRp

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 4
CrackedMarbles Audio 6
O Audio 0
F Audio 0
N Audio 2
G Audio 1
P Audio 13
Z Audio 4
A Audio 1
T Audio 3