why isn't moving programs to sd supported ? I would think having an SD card is a min benefit compared to APPLE ?

Julius_4

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
HEY GOOGLE :: why isn't moving programs to sd supported ? I would think having an SD card is a min benefit compared to APPLE ?

This feature was returned, to a degree, in Android 6.0+ with the introduction of adoptable storage.

To put it in perspective though, there are many reasons why you wouldn't want your apps on your SD card. For one thing, SD cards are generally much, much slower than the internal storage of your device, and is especially true of more recent flagships. In some cases, this may cause certain performance issues with some apps.

In either case, you can still use your SD card as general storage for photos, music, movies, etc. This frees up that space on your internal storage. The end result is still going to be extra space for your apps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Truefate Android Tablets 1
F Android Tablets 3
Cister36 Android Tablets 1
M Android Tablets 1
K Android Tablets 1
R Android Tablets 1
J Android Tablets 1
S Android Tablets 1
D Android Tablets 1
A Android Tablets 2
G Android Tablets 1
W Android Tablets 1
T Android Tablets 1
A Android Tablets 8
M Android Tablets 2
K Android Tablets 1
J Android Tablets 2
A Android Tablets 3
P Android Tablets 2
K Android Tablets 1
Similar threads
Question Move items from tablet to sd card
Question Can't move some files from internal storage to sd card.
Question Is there a way to move the menu buttons from the side to the bottom on the ew 2019 rca voyager tablet3?
Solved! Move apps on T 5 Huawei memorycard
Solved! Hi my sons Lenovo won’t move past the start up screen please help
Solved! how to move apps from internal storage to external storage in micromax q391
Solved! My IPAD is locked up. All that is on the screen is the RCA logo and the dots that are not moving now.
Solved! How do I move FILES to the SD card when there is no menu option for move. All I get is "details" as an option
Solved! How can I move photos from dcmi on my android to gallery
All my photos were on the SD card in my Samsung tablet. I moved the card to lenovo tab
Solved! How can I free up internal space on my Android tablet by moving them to S\
Is there any way to transfer/move/download TouchWiz from an Android 4.4.2 to an RCA anything tablet? i ask only b/c i have 12,
Solved! How to move photos on Huawei Tablet M3 10" tablet to a different folder, currently in download folder
Can no longer move apps to sd card on Samsung Galaxy Tab A (Android 7.1.1)
Move SD apps back to tablet
Oreo 8.1 cant move movie files to sd card
How do I move apps from internal to SD card if there is no option in setting
How to move apps to 5.0 lollipop on my rca voyuger?
How to move photos from a sm tab A to SD card
My tablet pc 7inch tablet is stuck at the keep moving forward logo

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS