Why iTunes is so good?

rahul1

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
I'v tried a number of music players and iTunes too and have find iTunes to be the best. I want to know why is it so? I mean, what is that x-factor that makes iTunes so good?

In the same pc and and with the same speakers the difference between the qualities of that of iTunes and any other audio player is significant enough to call iTunes the winner. Can something be done to get same/ higher results form other music players?

Thank You.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
Probably personal opinion. You can assume that Apple has been focused on high end digital audio for quite some time now, so my guess is that they've put a lot of time and money into their player. But honestly, the player shouldn't matter too much. It should be your sound card and source media that really makes a difference.

Again, it's all what you hear and people hear different things :). I personally use WMP and I think it sounds great, even running through an 8k sound system.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
It may also be an issue of codecs. You can use GraphStudio to see what kind of codecs your audio is using. It's free and shows a start to finish map of where the audio is going and what it is doing.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Sounds like a trick question. ;-p Maybe the files were encoded with iTunes and they use some trickery to make them playback best using their software?

I grew up on WinAMP and it has been my reference since. I decided to jump ship at some point and enjoyed Songbird for a while, but it missed a few features...I feel like something simple like playlist creation and shuffling was much too complex. To be fair, it has been a while.

Now I use foobar and, if you don't mind a minimal(eque) look or using custom skins, it is amazing.