Wich anti-virus offers the best protection for free?

suka23

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
So, since i got my pc about a year ago, i've been using only the base defenses of windows 7 (windows defender & microsoft security essentials). Recently schools around my country have been suffering from a virus that turns files in shortcuts. I never really had problems with any virus until now, because I was stupid enough to use my pendrive in the school pc's. Didnt have any choice anyway. Although i got my pen infected, my pc is fine, but i want to start making sure I'm safe. I use the pc mainly for gaming, but i also download regularly and browse a lot of social and anime related sites. So I decided to get any AV. There are really much choices when its comes to freeware. What should I get? I once had AVG premium, not anymore, and worked with avast but it was long before I had this pc. Any suggestions?

*Sorry for the long post

Solution
Bitdefender is really good for gaming, it's light, no popups, no settings (it's just to install it) and it has top scores, but it's also a bit buggy. AVG, Avast and Avira are really good too. You'll be fine with either of these four programs. You can also use Malwarebytes on top of that, it's a stand-alone program that finds almost every virus.

lullemannen90

Estimable
Mar 22, 2014
Bitdefender is really good for gaming, it's light, no popups, no settings (it's just to install it) and it has top scores, but it's also a bit buggy. AVG, Avast and Avira are really good too. You'll be fine with either of these four programs. You can also use Malwarebytes on top of that, it's a stand-alone program that finds almost every virus.

Solution

suka23

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014

hey there fella, I wouldnt assume my schools pc's (work only) were infected with virus. I mean, only a part of the students and teachers have acess to these computers and its supposed to be mainly for offline purposes. Stop being so salty, I didnt come here to insult anyone.

suka23

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014

Just got avast because its the one who I am most "familiar" with (by other words, I know it and used it before). Heard about Bitdefender being buggy, but i would give it a shot if I needed a light program. Probably getting malwarebytes too than, thanks. The most annoying problems I had with these softwares (AVG, Avast) were that they would call virus to some files (like some .dll) that I know are safe. Plus, many times I had to turn them off during some games installations. Microsoft security essentials never did that. Thanks for the help

** Phew I write a lot, sorry about that ^-^

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
only a part of the students and teachers have acess to these

that's all it takes and sorry your so defensive cause you don't know what one of them been doing behind closed doors do ya???? or a disgruntled student slipped in and did something ??? but you were careless and got bit so its you not me cause I know better lol

TRENDING THREADS