Solved! WiFi button doesn’t work anymore!!

Mar 11, 2018
I have a HP Pavilion dv7 notebook pc and the WiFi stopped working on it last year. My WiFi button doesn’t work and it just simply won’t connect to WiFi at all. When I try to troubleshoot it, it says “wireless capability is turned of - not fixed”
“ a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken”
I’m not sure of what to do next but I really need my laptop for work.
Any suggestions?? Thanks

Solution
Sounds like your WiFi card either has become loose from its connection to the motherboard, or the WiFi itself has gone bad and needs replacing. You may be able to use it via Ethernet. Often that part still works even when the WiFi portion stops working.

Your only other options is to either have the internal WiFi card replaced (which I would suggest if it is under warranty) or to get yourself an external WiFi that connects via USB port.
Sounds like your WiFi card either has become loose from its connection to the motherboard, or the WiFi itself has gone bad and needs replacing. You may be able to use it via Ethernet. Often that part still works even when the WiFi portion stops working.

Your only other options is to either have the internal WiFi card replaced (which I would suggest if it is under warranty) or to get yourself an external WiFi that connects via USB port.

Solution