wifi is not working anymore

jason666

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a macbook pro from 2010, never had any problems.
Since yesterday my wifi is not working anymore. Cannot turn ON the wifi, it stays OFF.

I have already tried to remove the wifi in network perferences, restarting and adding wifi interface.
Then i turn it on, it looks like it is trying to scan for AP's, but after 3-4 sec the wifi is off.

I have restored the mac, and notice when it runs on sierra, the wifi is not working.

Not it runs on LION OS, there wifi is working fine.

What is happening here?

Solution
Have you tried unplugging the modem, waiting a few seconds, and plugging power to the modem back in? If that fails then try unplugging the router, wait a few seconds, plug the power back into the router. With any of the Apple products I have (MacBook Pro, iPad, iPod) when I have a problem with connecting usually resetting the router does the trick. Odd thing is that the Apple products will lose the connection when the Windows based computers I have don't.
Have you tried unplugging the modem, waiting a few seconds, and plugging power to the modem back in? If that fails then try unplugging the router, wait a few seconds, plug the power back into the router. With any of the Apple products I have (MacBook Pro, iPad, iPod) when I have a problem with connecting usually resetting the router does the trick. Odd thing is that the Apple products will lose the connection when the Windows based computers I have don't.

Solution