WIFI issues Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082L

Fer_Lithium

Commendable
May 31, 2016
On sunday morning i changed the housing of my phone as it was a little bit broken and it bothered me
I started having monile network and WIFI network connectivity issues (mobile network problwm is now fixed)
The thing is that now i have to be literally below the router to get some signal and if i move one meter away i'd lose all the connectivity
What can i do?
Can this be fixed?

Solution
It sounds a lot like you may have accidentally hit something inside the tablet, knocking it loose. It happens. There is a lot that can easily be disturbed inside them when opened.

I would suggest reopening it and making sure nothing is loose.

You can also try going into "Service Mode" on the device and see if it will allow you to access the "WiFi" information.

"Samsung Service Mode" is a tool used to show useful information hidden by Samsung. The information is useful to engineers in mobile network industry. It is also useful for application developer that need cellular information such as network code, cell id, LAC, received signal level etc.

Dial *#0011# This will take you to "Samsung Service Mode" and then on that screen go...
It sounds a lot like you may have accidentally hit something inside the tablet, knocking it loose. It happens. There is a lot that can easily be disturbed inside them when opened.

I would suggest reopening it and making sure nothing is loose.

You can also try going into "Service Mode" on the device and see if it will allow you to access the "WiFi" information.

"Samsung Service Mode" is a tool used to show useful information hidden by Samsung. The information is useful to engineers in mobile network industry. It is also useful for application developer that need cellular information such as network code, cell id, LAC, received signal level etc.

Dial *#0011# This will take you to "Samsung Service Mode" and then on that screen go into the "Menu". On the list that shows up, you should see a "WiFi" Option. Tap that. In the screen that comes up now, check the "WiFi Power Save Mode". It is it set to on, tap it to turn it off. Press "Done" and then exit this area. You should get a better signal.

If that code does work for you, to get you to the right area (Samsung has a few), try this one *#*#4636*#*#

Solution