Solved! WiFi really slow on one computer

Jul 30, 2018
WIFI really slow on one computer

I have recently built a gaming pc and the WiFi is extremely slow on my pc, however the other computers have 20-30 Mbs/s which is what I paid to have, I’m using a WiFi adapter and I have swapped them with the other computers to see if it’s the WiFi adapter’s problem however it isn’t, it still gives me very little internet and I think is the computer’s problem but I don’t know what to do, I have changed channels and updated drivers I don’t know what to do please help.

Solution
Are you sure that your modem/router isn't set to limit the speed of certain devices or any device past a certain number? And, are you sure your ISP is not limiting the speed from other devices? It wouldn't be shocking. Many have their service set up that way.

Try disconnecting all devices from the WiFi and then connect yours first. See if it changes. If it does, then it may well be the two options above. If it doesn't change, then you need to check in the modem/router settings to make sure there are no limitations set.

Should none of these work, try connecting your device via Ethernet and see if that gets better. If it does, there may be a limitation in your WiFi settings on the device.
Are you sure that your modem/router isn't set to limit the speed of certain devices or any device past a certain number? And, are you sure your ISP is not limiting the speed from other devices? It wouldn't be shocking. Many have their service set up that way.

Try disconnecting all devices from the WiFi and then connect yours first. See if it changes. If it does, then it may well be the two options above. If it doesn't change, then you need to check in the modem/router settings to make sure there are no limitations set.

Should none of these work, try connecting your device via Ethernet and see if that gets better. If it does, there may be a limitation in your WiFi settings on the device.

Solution
Jul 30, 2018
I have checked if my router had any limitations or anything similar and it doesn’t have any limitations I also contacted my broadband and asked about it and they said there is no limits on the device connected.

I have noticed that also my download is lower than my upload.. I ordered a WiFi extender to reach my room and plug it with an Ethernet cable, hopefully I will improve and be like the rest of devices in the house. I also have changed channels and updated windows 10 but I think maybe my motherboard wasn’t installed properly, I’m really not sure.