Question Wifi Signal Weak

Nov 24, 2021
My wifi signal is weak, it used to be fine.

Would an external wifi adapter and/or antenna help? Or one of those wifi signal boosters you plug into an electrical outlet? Any recommendations? I've tried all the advice where you reboot your router, clear obstructions, etc.

Also, someone in my house has a gazillion device connected to the wifi, but they're off most of the time. Does the fact they're connected slow down the signal at all, or only if they're on and actively connected?

Thanks very much.

AlHuneke

Commendable
Jul 7, 2020
Devices that are off won't slow down the connection. However, if you are near enough to other wifi networks, you may get some help by changing your router's wifi channel. This will require some trial and error testing. Is your connection slow when you are fairly near the router? Are you seeing a strong signal when in a normal (slow) location? If so, an extender won't help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 0
Andrusky Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 7
O Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 14
D Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Aspire 5 A515-54 Boots Up Fine but the screen is blank and no signal to external monitor
Question Loud fan, no signal on display. Shut's down after 13 sec.
Solved! monitor has no signal all of a sudden
Solved! my wifi is not working properly when i m very close t the router it conncets and show very low signals and when i move just aw
Solved! My fire stick was working at first and now when I put TV in hdmi source its saying no signal
Solved! wi-fi losing signals
Solved! My laptop immediately disconnected from internet the red cross sign appears instead of WiFi signals So now what can I do???
Laptop with Broken Screen Won't Connect with an External Monitor
Poor wireless signal after SSD upgrade
It takes a long time for my laptop to restart after a "sfc /scannow" and my monitor does not show signal.
Solved! Laptop to Sony TV, VGA to HDMI converter, getting no signal on TV, Laptop doesnt see TV
no screen signal in bios
Dell 5520 Laptop Second Monitor Detected but NO Signal
Laptop with no screen and clean hard drive doesn't project any signal to the TV.
I have a Compaq Presario cq62 that the power light LED is on the Caps light is blinking and the wifi signal light is on and it
intermittent battery signal
My WiFi has excellent signal but my tablet says poor connection and won't connect how can I fix it
Solved! I lost my signal from my laptop to an external monitor. Computer says no signal from laptop. I had some updates come through o
My hdmi ports stopped working i got a vga to hdmi with audio . But tv is displaying no signal and turning off
Solved! Wi fi signal gone

ASK THE COMMUNITY