Question Wifi slow on laptop on only one router

Dec 9, 2021
I recently bought a TP Link A6 dual band router. When i connect to this router from my laptop, the internet speed is very slow(less than 2 Mbps). The speed is fine on my mobile(5Ghz), another laptop(2.4Ghz) and other devices. Connecting to other routers(TP Link C6, Linksys, Belkin) on the same network, on my laptop, the speed is correct. I have followed all guides i have found on the internet, but nothing is working. I reset the router, reinstalled wifi drivers, checked in safe mode. I don't know why the speed is so low only between this router and this laptop. The laptop has a Broadcom 802.11n wireless adapter, running windows 10, 2.4Ghz only.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 10
W Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 4
N Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 7
B Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 5
jkmolddesign Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question How do I fix a network issue where laptop will connect to wifi extender but won't connect to internet on main wifi router?
Question Laptop wont reconnect to WiFi if router drops out and then comes back up
Laptop windows 10 wifi cant connect router,its connect mobile hots pot but cant connect any router.
Laptop cannot find own Wi-Fi!
Laptop connected to router not getting internet, but other devices connected does
cannot connect to new router from my laptop whereas other devices in house can
My laptop also does not have "Manage Wireless Networks"
Slow WiFi but only on Laptop, perfect on other devices
Slow WiFi on Laptop fast on other devices
My HP laptop suddenly does not accept wifi connection. Xfinity checked router and everything OK> Works on my Tablet and Androi
Looking for solution to wifi lost connections due to laptop
Can I get my laptop to communicate to my bluray player through the wireless router that connects them to the internet?
Laptop connects fine with phone hotspot but won't connect with wifi from router
My laptop is not connecting to the net despite the router working.
Solved! Can I plug a phone cable into the router and into laptop phone port?
asus laptop N551 JW-CN097D dropping wi fi
After working for months, my laptop now connects to my router but has no internet access. At least 6 other devices in our hous
Laptop not connecting to internet
the icon on my window of laptop says that the no connections available although the router is on and connected on my phone, no
laptop network error

ASK THE COMMUNITY