Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2019
Hello guys,

I have wifi problems with my ASUS F750J Laptop. On my android phone internet speed is around 300Mbps, but on my laptop only 40mbps. I updated network adapter drivers, but it didn't helped. And strange thing: at my parents house internet speed(70+-mbps) is same on both my phone and my laptop while the overall internet speed is slower then at my apartment, so maybe it's all about router? Or maybe because several devices are connected to the same wifi?
Any ideas what should I do?

Last edited:
It could be any number of things. First, you didn't mention what the actual internet speed you have is. Not what the devices are getting but what you are paying for. That is necessary to then know how different the speed are between the devices.

I would suggest rebooting (power it off and back on) your modem/router and see if that helps resolve it. You can also log into the modem/router settings and see if there are any limitations set. Some companies actually preset limitations and someone else who has access to the settings could have done so as well. Make sure that there are not limits on the number of devices, how the internet is distributed, etc. It can even be set to do that at certain times.

I would also suggest connecting the laptop via Ethernet and see if you get the right speed that way. If so, then it could be your locations WiFi.

May 10, 2019
The actual internet speed I am paying for is 300mbps. When I connect my laptop via Ethernet, speed is over 300mbps.
Now I think that problem is because my Laptop doesn't support 5GHz, so I can't get the right speed via WIFI.
And I think there is only one way to fix it. To buy 5GHz USB adapter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS