• Check out all the best Amazon Prime Day deals 2021 here!

Wifi works nicely. Laptop browser says I'm connected/no response. It says connected btw.

Apr 11, 2018
I have a dell Inspiron laptop. Connected to the net. Tried loading pages on the browser but I get the same page as when there is no net/too slow connections. But the wifi works just fine on other devices, like the phone I'm posting this with.

Any suggestions?

Does your connection status in Windows show something like "Connected, no internet access"? Are you able to test with an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi?

This might be malware/a virus. See if you can boot into Safe Mode with Networking; if you get internet access then, malware could be your issue.

Apr 11, 2018
Funny, it doesn't. I reset data usage and watched as I tried to load a page again, to get 'This site can't be reached' but on the other hand, the data usage ticked up by approx 2 mb. I also got an error message saying something about some NPU miner blah blah. exe not working because of missing system files. Also, I tried scanning for viruses and found none. And, don't have access to Ethernet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 6
W Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Larice19 Laptop Tech Support 0
ModyDody Laptop Tech Support 6
Z Laptop Tech Support 0
Karan Malik Laptop Tech Support 3
I Laptop Tech Support 1
Maclik_M Laptop Tech Support 8
B Laptop Tech Support 1
Capturis Laptop Tech Support 0