Wii Price Cut Peeped in Leaked TRU Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i still think its a waste of money or to put it better a poor value and this is coming from an ex Nintendo fanboy

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I am also an ex nintendo fanboy.
I really don't think the Wii is that great.
It is a lot of fun for some games but nintendo tends to have too many childish and novelty games and the Wii isn't capable of HD resolutions.
Despite those facts I still have one and own several games for it... but I find it's collecting dust. While my PS3 is being used all the time.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I always felt that $249.99 was too much for this. When I found out it was still that price I was like what... I think I read somewhere that it costs nintendo like $70 to manufacture this console or something. Anyway $199 for this or you can get an xbox 360 somewhere on sale for $157..seems like a no brainer to me. xbox 360 is a better console overall.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Even though I neither need or want it, price cut is always a good thing.

Nevertheless, I hope the price for food, fuel, cellphone fee, insurance and apartment rent can be lowered, too.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I too think that Barbie's Playtime Funhouse is juvenile and a little girly. I just don't know what Mattel was thinking, releasing such a toy in the face of the XBox 360 and the PS3. Without HD output (or any video output for that matter), a lack of internal harddrive (or any data storage for that matter), and no Wifi Draft-N (or any network connectivity whatsoever), it just simply can't compete. Ignoring the fact that billions of dollars worth of Barbie dolls merchandise sell every year, clearly Mattel has no idea what they are doing.*

*In case you missed it, that was sarcasm aimed at every "Nintendo Sucks" douche-bag who keeps posting about what a failure the console is. 25+ years of experience, the #1 console (50+ million Wiis sold), and the #1 handheld (over 100+ million DSs sold), are success under any terms. Whether or not the Wii directly competes with the 360 and PS3 is meaningless.

What's next, the Toyota Camry is a failure because it doesn't have the horsepower of a Corvette or the fancy keyless electronics of a Lexus?

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
sweet.... I'm going to hold off on buying one for a little longer !

i've been getting the itch to buy one in the past few weeks and people have them for $150-175 on craigslist...

G

Nintendo wasted the potential of the Wii. 3-years later and the Wii is still waiting to have a killer-app. Overpriced weak hardware, lack of real gamer games and a controller that never got fully realized. The system gets almost no play at my house other than my 7 year daughter and she still rather play (Burnout-Paradise) and (Prince of Persia) on my P.C. with... the XBOX-360 controller. LOL.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
All of you who defend the wii... well... would you like it if all the consoles had the same tech specs as the wii? cause I can imagine Sony and Microsoft are feeling pretty ripped off that all of you are willing to pay nearly as much for shithouse 10 year old hardware than what you'll pay for the much more expensive hardware they put in their consoles.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
yeah i'm ashamed to say it but i bought one off of my friend for 120. yeah thats seems pretty low but it was pretty scratched and why you say i bought one? for the only games that matter on it zelda and no more heroes one of the few true games ive seen in a while for this console.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
If your Wii is hacked or Chipped its a lot more fun (makes a great emulation machine for sitting on the couch and firing up an old NES or SNES game with the classic controller) Homebrew channel FTW !

I like my PS3 and my Wii the 360 scares me, well except those new ones that supposedly are RROD proof so I might pick one of those up...

Last thought on this news, its about time!

Brooks G

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
I am 16, and have a wii. I always loved nintendo with their games, but as I got older, I felt they were too childish for me. The only wii game I thoroughly enjoy is Call of Duty WAW. I think the wii is good when you're a kid, or have kids, otherwise it isn't worth with all of the downgraded parts comprared to 360 or PS3. I hope to get a 360 on Christmas :D

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]Matt87_50[/nom]All of you who defend the wii... well... would you like it if all the consoles had the same tech specs as the wii? cause I can imagine Sony and Microsoft are feeling pretty ripped off that all of you are willing to pay nearly as much for shithouse 10 year old hardware than what you'll pay for the much more expensive hardware they put in their consoles.[/citation]

When I buy consoles it has had little to do with the quality of graphics. I like Nintendo because they make great, unique games that are not available for any other system: Zelda, Mario, etc.

If I want awesome graphics, I game on a PC.

I will never understand why people pay top dollar for a console whose graphics will be obsolete in six months; yet cite the consoles awesome graphics capability for their reason for buying it in the first place.

The PS3 is just starting to be great now that it is available for around $250 if you shop around, which is competitive just as a blu-ray player.

The Xbox 360 is just a total flop: High failure rate, no unique and worthwhile games, graphics are terrible compared to what's available on a PC.

G

Finally! I just might get me one of these now, i've been waiting for 3 years, playing on other people's Wii's, no moar leeching.

johnny_5

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I don't want a Wii price cut because I've been planning on selling mine for the longest time. If I hurry I could sell it before the cut, but I guess I'm just lazy that way.

Also I think $140 or so would be a more reasonable price for the Wii considering the PS2 is profitable at $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS