Wii Shines, Xbox 360 Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techrex

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
To answer your question coopdog, it has been confirmed that Blueray will not be on the Xbox 360.

As far as these console sales numbers are concerned a “slight” gain in Wii console sales is no reason to say that xbox 360 sales are in the take. This might be said about the PS3 sales, but honestly less then a million in difference between the two industry leaders is nothing to fret about, unless you’re an avid Wii enthusiast waiting for the day to see your console take the lead… The Wii is simply tapping the largely unexploited industry of non gamers with titles like wii-fit and the like, which is helping the sale of its consoles as well as broadening the gaming industry. This is good for everyone including Microsoft. That being said, Microsoft arguably had the best overall portfolio, by far, over rivals Sony and Nintendo. Once the big blockbuster titles such as Gears of War 2, Fallout 3 and Fable 2 hit the shelves, you can be sure that Xbox sales will be as strong as ever.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]natrapsmai[/nom]Slight correction, but all versions of the Xbox360 are 100% capable of 1080p output.[/citation]

I'm pretty sure that the original 360 versions were on 720p, though I'm not certain.

natrapsmai

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
Originally 360s could only do 720p/1080i but MSFT patched this into the consoles in December 06 IIRC.

Also, from Xbox.com (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360/hdtv.htm)
"The good news is that, unlike TVs, every Xbox 360? supports HD output at resolutions up to 1080p, so there's no looking for the "HD model" of the console."

Not really a huge deal and totally irrelevant when it comes to its sales (or lack thereof), but I would like to think that the author of such an article would sit down and do his research before writing such a thing. Or simply know so beforehand.

G

Well the thing is that xbox 360 has better titles than Sony (for me even dough i love mgs4) but ps3 is a more reliable system (doesn't have the 3ROD and believe me its truly a pain in the ass)and for me has an advantage on hard drive part, coz if you notice xbox 360 is trying to skip blue ray by making all digital( maybe in the future xbox 360 games will install on the hard drive like computers games) but the thing is that What are u going to do with all that digital content if u dont have the choice to have a big hard drive??? where are u going to store all that content and how are u gonna play mgs4 on xbox 360 ( if it ever comes out) swapping disc ? lol I think ms should think their Hard drive strategy , don't get wrong i love both systems but sony has a Big advantage on being a better media center and console than xbox 360 ( in that part).
And the WII its fun but after a couple of month when u see there isnt a lot games... u get bored ( Sometimes i cant stand the graphics...) Well thats my opinion. Big Fan of a GOOD and Reliable game system and lets not lie our selfs, what makes a console so fun are the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.