Wii to Help Bring You Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Here's hoping it comes to the Xbox 360 or the Playstation 3 instead of the 480p blur-machine that is the Wii. I find it hard to believe, in Japan of all places, that pixellated nightmare of an interface is the "media and social hub" of choice. I would like to be able to tell the difference between a california roll and a spring roll before I order asian food, if you don't care about the difference then have fun with your Wii.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
@captaincharisma

Well put, good sir. The Nintendo marketing machine has ran full steam ahead and suckered millions of old people into buying a dated console since they can't even tell their grandkids apart let alone discern between 480p and 1080p. Then again, having one sixth as many pixels on screen as any other current console isn't a big deal when the games are no more involved than waving a stick-like controller around frantically. The graphics on it are just plain pathetic compared to the 360 or PS3, unless you are using a 27" tube tv from 1998.

In related news, you guys just make trolling way too easy. I have a Wii, and I like it, but some people take this crap way too far.

G

@joebob2000 I agree with captaincharisma on this one... Nintendo flat-out said before launch they were choosing to stay 480p for a reason (other than to save money)- there is NO NEED FOR A 1080P MARIO. Also, I HIGHLY DOUBT everyone who owns a 360 or PS3 has it hooked up to a 1080p television. The majority of this country has yet to own one. Maybe in 2 years when the majority of people DO own 1080p televisions, your argument of a 1080p vs 480p system will be of value.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
So the 102 Million new LCD TV owners in 2008 *ALONE* (not to mention the hundreds of millions sold prior) are going to be happy watching 480p mario on their 720p (or better) tv?

If you can't tell the difference, that's fine, go hug your Wii. Trying to argue that it simply "has no value" to anyone since your Wii is God's gift to mankind in return for a "great year for Jesus" or whatever your fanboy fanaticism comes from, is just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.