Wii Vitality Sensor Appearing in New Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I can already see patent problems here as this involves medical technology which is vital to the medical community.

A wrist strap vitality sensor which connects to the WiiMote would be better suited as it would leave your left hand free to use the Nunchuck or other controllers.

G

Screw Nintendo. Making us buy useless new attachments so we can play one game. Are you serious? Gimme a break this is ridiculous.

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]baov[/nom]I see people doping themselves with anxiolitic drugs to cheat the game.[/citation]

or they play it without the sensor, they probably wont require the sensor in the game.

motamedn

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
wouldn't u want to make it easier when you get scared and harder when the game isn't scary enough for you?

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]motamedn[/nom]wouldn't u want to make it easier when you get scared and harder when the game isn't scary enough for you?[/citation]Stop making sense. Just stop it.

CLEARY it is better if they only challenge you when you're already in over your head. If you're bored they will detect this and make the game easier for no apparent reason.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
this might have a few finer details that need to be worked out but you gotta give it to nintendo...seems like they're the only ones coming out with new ideas these days.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]I can already see patent problems here as this involves medical technology which is vital to the medical community.A wrist strap vitality sensor which connects to the WiiMote would be better suited as it would leave your left hand free to use the Nunchuck or other controllers.[/citation]

Exactly what I was thinking as soon as I saw the thumb clamp. I mean you're 'supposed' to use a wrist strap anyway, might as well make it a vitality sensing strap :p

sixbone

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
what if you are a sick individual like, Hannibal Lector, who's heart rate doesn't change when eating the face of his victim? The peripheral would be useless!

G

Healthier players get faster cars, stronger avatars, better loot? An incentive to get out and play when gaming is being associated with disease?

G

I see the vitality sensor working with that new on-the-rails metroid game since there is no nunchuck involved. There are plenty of times in a metroid game, where a player gets lost and low on health; I'm sure that'll create some anxiety worth picking up on the sensor. The only appropriate use I can think of is if the wii mote's sound gives off a heart beat that corresponds with what it picks up.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]motamedn[/nom]wouldn't u want to make it easier when you get scared and harder when the game isn't scary enough for you?[/citation]
I guess it would be to help people overcome their fears? That could even be a slogan or sells pitch!

Status
Not open for further replies.