Will a bent headphone jack cause intermittent sound.

Jesse_27

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
I have a bent headphone jack on my beats headphone can that cause bad connection onto my computer.

Jesse_27

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

Hey junkeymoney so if mine is bent a little will it make crackling noises. Hey then I have to position it just right to get sound on my headphones.

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
maybe ? like I say its not 100% so don't expect 100% you may can twist it and find a sweet spot and call it good ??

could repair it ??

http://www.instructables.com/id/Replacing-the-jack-on-a-pair-of-headphones/?ALLSTEPS

thing is its bent and you can only do the best you can with it and hope for the best -- for all you know you may get a good jack and still have the same issue with it ??? no telling . maybe in the female part of things ???

with out a back up part or another known 100% works fine headphone to try its all just a best guess

gondo

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Sure the crackling is coming from the connector and cable. It always happens to any pair of headphones. That's why I always recommend staying away from the bling bling beats and BOSE headphones and going with quality studio headphones like Shure, Seinheisser, AKG, Sony, etc.... Many of those have removable cables. Just unclip it from the headphones and get another 3.5mm cable to replace it for $5 in 5 seconds.

Without a removable cable you have to dismantle the headphones and solder a new cable on.