Will I be pleased with this tv

Solution
Can't make a conclusion unless I know what the TV is for.

For general media watching I would say Vizio 4K panels are fine.
If you have a larger room with a lot of viewing angles that are normally occupied, probably not the best choice.
It would do fairly well in a bright room though.
It is a decent gaming screen.

4K is still a little early to adopt. It makes sense for larger screens (though even my 60" doesn't really need it, since I have to be as close as 2 feet to make out pixels), but not really on the small scale.

Going from a 32" to a 43" is a decent jump, so that will be nice. 4K screens do very well when run at 1080p as well.

I have had issues with the HDMI 2.0 input on mine, doesn't always play nice with all my input...

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Not sure I see the point in a 43" 4K TV. Are you much of a console gamer? I can look deeper and see if they've stuck with the gaming mode on this one.

I have the slightly older 60" 4K from Vizio. It makes a great 1080p screen. I rarely run it in 4K since there is no content, and it wasn't that good at upscaling movie content that contained fast movement. But it does offer one of the best input lags when in gaming mode.

How close are you sitting?

Do you have lots of HD content above 1080p?

The size is similar, and since the Sony is very good quality I don't know if you'd see much difference at all. 4K doesn't necessarily benefit anything without being close enough AND also having better than BluRay quality.

And what did you CONCLUDE from this review?

It told me nothing useful in comparison to say a sony 1080p HDTV.

It did give a rating or 7.5/10 which I wouldn't say is terribly amazing though it is $500. So it sounds like a nice entry-level $500 4K HDTV, but I don't know if it's a good replacement for a Sony 40" 1080p HDTV.

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Can't make a conclusion unless I know what the TV is for.

For general media watching I would say Vizio 4K panels are fine.
If you have a larger room with a lot of viewing angles that are normally occupied, probably not the best choice.
It would do fairly well in a bright room though.
It is a decent gaming screen.

4K is still a little early to adopt. It makes sense for larger screens (though even my 60" doesn't really need it, since I have to be as close as 2 feet to make out pixels), but not really on the small scale.

Going from a 32" to a 43" is a decent jump, so that will be nice. 4K screens do very well when run at 1080p as well.

I have had issues with the HDMI 2.0 input on mine, doesn't always play nice with all my input devices, and it is terrible at handling resolution changes on the fly. Usually requires a reboot. Not sure if this would apply to this newer version. I occasionally do notice the ghosting, but it usually takes something fairly bright against a black background to notice it. Upscaling on mine is not the best, particularly through the HDMI 2.0 port. But it has 4 other normal inputs and they do just fine.

Solution