Will i feel the difference? Soundcard

pufuleti1

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015
Hi guys, with a z906 logitech sistem, would i feel the difference if i upgrade my soundcard from this integrated: https://www.pcgarage.ro/placi-de-baza/gigabyte/ga-b75-d3v/ to this dedicated: http://www.pcgarage.ro/placi-de-sunet/asus/xonar-dg-si/ ? What will be the difference? Or should i buy a better card to feel the difference? Thanks

depends..

are you currently experiencing buzzing ,static, whining, distortion or grainyness from your current onboard? if yes, a soundcard will help. if no, then the difference will be fairly minor. the xonar dg is comparable to medium to high grade onboard at best: better than low grade onboard for sure but not really any better than half decent onboard. they do have a stronger amp for headphones (but you have powered speakers so that doesnt matter)

assuming you're not experiencing issues currently... unless you're an audiophile you likely will not notice a huge difference. some yes, but not anything twice as good for instance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 1
omqkarma Audio 1
B Audio 1
rikulai Audio 0
T Audio 2
Gokulan Audio 1
henryalias Audio 0
S Audio 1
B Audio 4
M Audio 1
samratkothari Audio 1
A Audio 5
X Audio 0
N Audio 5
A Audio 1
C Audio 2
X Audio 4
D Audio 1
J Audio 6
O Audio 8
Similar threads
Question 3 tvs on one Audio Receiver. How do I switch audio seemless while watching 3 different things?
Question Connect the z337 speakers to a different sub woofer
Solved! Can I use my LG soundbar wireless subwoofer with a different receiver?
Question Aux splitter for 2 different speakers
Solved! Can I use two different audio outputs plugged into different ouputs on the the back of my motherboard?
Question logitech z-623 different sound quality when using front and back 3.5 mm aux input
Question New pair of Kali Audio LP-6s with different hissing sounds
Question Laptop will not recolonize microphone, even after buying several different brands
Question Can I pair different wireless headphones to same transmitter
Question $400 Budget, Looking for a gaming headset (PC / PS4 / Switch) and amp if it makes a big difference
Question What does it mean to have Dual Stereo mode Bluetooth earphones? How are they different from a regular wirelessn in-ear earphone?
Question Impedance Difference
Question Differences between Samsung soundbars HWMM55, HW-MM55C, and HW-M550 (in time to make a return)
Question right speaker sounds very different than the left one
Question Is there such a thing as a speaker switch to play speakers from 2 different devices with priority?
Solved! Same amplifier power with same power, different size speakers
Solved! Using surround to split PC audio to different devices
how to have two different audio simultaneously played in headphone and pc's speaker
What is the difference between X-fi and x-fi hd
Surround sound using two different 2.0 and 2.1 speakers on Asus onboard soundcard

ASK THE COMMUNITY