Apr 20, 2018
My laptop's screen is broken,so i used hdmi to connect it to my tv.Couple days ago i messed with bios ,( turned off legacy mode ) suddenly there is no signal in output.. So i disassembled laptop so that i can reset bios by clearing cmos..After doing that i found that hdd is not having any os ( corrupted )..So If i install new os in hdd using another pc and connecting it back to the laptop..Will it boot ? Laptop-Hp pavilion 15 series. I connected my desktop hdd to it .. nothing on screen .. I can see fan is running ..The laptop is having uefi thing so is it possible to boot it with a regular bootable flash drive ?

Solution

Moving the drive to another computer won't help...
I don't think the drive does not have an OS, it is likely that you changed the drive mode so it no longer sees the drive and operating system properly when booting. The issue you have now is that for the HDMI port to work, it needs the video card drivers, which you don't have. It may work if you disconnect the screen from the laptop, it may detect the external screen as the only screen. If you have VGA port, try that.

Apr 20, 2018

It doesnt have any vga port.I plugged that hdd to another pc found it's os is corrupted. I tried to removing screen ,it wont work .Hdmi port was working earlier.If i install an os in hdd using another pc and plugging back that hdd to laptop, will it boot ?

Moving the drive to another computer won't help you much since that often does not work unless the systems are the same model. You can do a base setup of the OS using another computer, then remove it after the first section is complete but before it loads drivers.

Solution