Will Malwarebytes contradict with Kaspersky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Hey community,

I know you need an anti-virus software, and an anti-malware software. But, I want to know if they will contradict to each other. Can anyone tell me or maybe, tell me some of your experiences? Thanks.

Solution
Well, AV is running all the time. AV is actively defending 24/7.

MB's are run regularly on demand.

They all clean all the pest, but in different ways.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Nice to see Moderators helping with my problem. :D Anyways, are Malwares like the same thing as Viruses? Or is there any differences between those two? Whats the difference between Anti-virus and Anti-malware?

nikorr

Distinguished
When we talk of antivirus and malware, we get confused whether they are same or different, what are their functions and uses. These two are entirely different from each other.

Here we specify their difference with their uses.

Malware
Malware, or malicious software, infiltrates your computer without your knowledge. Malware is a form of a computer virus and can be as simple as an annoying program or very dangerous, such as a program that can copy account information and relay it to another party. Antimalware is programs that defend against all malware. The main malware groups are Trojans, viruses, spyware, adware, worms, root kits, phishing. Antimalware software is definitely more complete than antivirus programs and it a much better purchase because you will run in to at least two types of malware. It targets the less harmful but more annoying files, like pop-Pusan anti-malware program has a listing of malware and when you do a scan it finds and eliminates those applications. Most anti-malware programs do not offer “real time” protection they only work when you run the scan.

Antivirus Software
Antivirus software is used to help prevent and remove malware and other computer viruses. Paid and free programs are available, but all antivirus programs should be updated often so they can detect and stop the latest computer infections before they are installed. Antivirus is meant to find, and remove viruses from your computer. Viruses are unwanted and malicious code that deletes edits and or adds files in the hope of being destructive. Anti-virus targets specific hazardous files. Those that will really harm your pc, like Trojans. Usually you will have a notice that it was blocked and ask whether you want to run that application. You can “Allow or Deny” and the antivirus will ‘remember’ your answer for next time.

More here @ http://www.antivirus-report.com/difference-between-antivirus-and-malware/

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Uhh, so is it like, Anti-Malwares cleans all kinds of Malwares and Anti-viruses only cleans viruses? Correct me if I am wrong. I am not good when comes with those things. Thanks.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Oh, nice to know. Thanks for the Moderators for solving my problem. Will install a Anti-Malware software after I reinstall the Operating System. Thanks again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.