Will the bose series 2 music center operate without the acoustimass subwoofer

G

I have a new surround system using a marantz sr5007 a/v receiver. I want to keep using my Bose system series 30 II musik center purely to operate the stereo speakers in 2 different zones outside using living sources. can I disconnect the bose music center from the acoustimass and then connect the music center to my new living room system. this way I can get rid of the acoustimass sub from my living room.

Since the music center is not powered from the sub your should be able to use it without the subwoofer (or any speakers).
If the 2 different zones are Bose then you have go the way you were thinking since some Bose speakers are 1.2 ohm and cannot be used with systems other than Bose.
If they are not Bose and you are set up in the living room for 5.1 surround sound then you have zone 2 available in the Marantz that will be much more powerful and better sounding than the Bose.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 5
L Audio 3
J Audio 4
C Audio 1
M Audio 1
J Audio 2
J Audio 1
C Audio 1
I Audio 2
A Audio 4
B Audio 5
G Audio 0
A Audio 1
P Audio 1
F Audio 1
J Audio 2
B Audio 1
G Audio 0
A Audio 3
G Audio 24
Similar threads
Question Denon AVR 3805 audio with 2019 Samsung 8 series TV
Question Would a Kenwood receiver KR-4400 work with a pair of Bose 301 series ll speakers?
Question Help - Connecting Bose Lifestyle 28 (series 1) to Samsung Smart TV 65F9000
Question Harmon Kardon No Audio Samsung Series 7
How to connect samsung 6 series 55 to samsung sound bar
Solved! How to connect older Kenwood model 104 AR AM FM receiver to new Samsung 7 series UHD TV
Solved! can you do variable audio out on arc and 6 series tcl
Need help with Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V Bass Module
Vizio D-Series - model: D43fx - I cannot get my PC speakers to work with it
Hi, would it be OK to use the, polk Signature series (8 Ohms) speakers with the Sony STR DN1080 Receiver?
Solved! How do I connect a velodyne series II power servo controller and subwoofer to a Sony str-dn840 receiver
Act Fast: TCL's 6-Series 4K TV Now Cheaper Than Black Friday
Solved! Samsung Series 8 UHD TV, dumb speakers and a sounder
Solved! Replacement cable with inline mic for Sennheiser HD 5X8 series headphones?
Solved! How do I connect my BOSE 3.2.1 Series ll stereo red and white cables to my un65nu800D Smart TV
Solved! Is there a way to run woofers that are wired in series?
Solved! Samsung 7 series TV to regular stereo speakers, turns out this is the hardest thing ever.
What’s on BBC 3? The series and box sets, comedies and dramas to watch
Solved! Steel series Arctis 5 audio problems
My client looking for Ampex 300/350/351 series 4 tk...anyo..

ASK THE COMMUNITY