Will this work? - HP Stream 11 as media player

claypidgeon

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
Hello techies,

So I have been computer/laptop-less for over 6 months. Haven't really had the need for one as I do most of my computing at home. I have even been using my PS4 for most home based web browsing. It's clunky but workable and I don't really see the need to spend hundreds on a new laptop.

The only thing that is annoying me is that I did spend a lot of money on movies and TV shows that I have on a USB drive. They are new and full 1080p.

Can anyone who is more knowledgeable about what the specs will actually do inform me if this will work?

http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-stream-11-6-review/

Please check the link above. Basically I want to put my portable HDD and hook it up to a new HP Stream. Take the Stream via the HDMI cable to my TV. I know "real" laptops do this with ease. Will this be powerful enough to act as just a video player?

Thanks!

Solution
Hi,

If your soul purpose for that laptop is playing video's with it or using it for browsing and the answer is a big YES you can use that laptop. It has Windows Media Player in it that you can use as your player then connect it to your LCD TV and presto you'll have an instant video player. But apart from that if you'll use it for games your luck is out with it because you can only do basic things with it. Browsing, playing movies, and very limited stuffs but for the price of it that's a good deal.
Hi,

If your soul purpose for that laptop is playing video's with it or using it for browsing and the answer is a big YES you can use that laptop. It has Windows Media Player in it that you can use as your player then connect it to your LCD TV and presto you'll have an instant video player. But apart from that if you'll use it for games your luck is out with it because you can only do basic things with it. Browsing, playing movies, and very limited stuffs but for the price of it that's a good deal.

Solution